There are many reasons people choose to avoid regular real estate agencies. First and foremost of course being the significant costs that come with their services. Private home sales also place you firmly in charge of the sales process. A very positive thing considering it is your home being sold!
At FiSBO we make it easy to list private houses for sale throughout Australia. Our website is associated with some of the most popular real-estate websites in the country. This allows us to offer affordable packages for posting houses for private sale across all these sites, maximising your advertising impact. Getting your DIY house sales message out across multiple channels has never been easier – or cheaper!
All the private house sales made through FiSBO have no commission costs. This means the one off upfront cost is all you have to pay. For this you receive: your listings, assistance with negotiation, professional advice from a real estate agent, solicitor services and of course direct communication with any buyers.
While private property sales might seem intimidating at first, the guidance and expert advice you receive throughout makes it quite a painless process.
If you are interested in learning more about how the how listing houses for private sale works on FiSBO, then simply watch our great instructional video or visit the FAQ page.
- List on RealEstate.com.au and other websites
- Free Brochure tools and templates
- RealEstate.com.au upgrades*
- Professional photography and floor plans*
- Four sign board options*
- RealPrivate.com.au has helped sell almost 2000 properties privately. This can be verified independently here; www.realestate.com.au
- Direct email and telephone buyer enquiries* straight from RealEstate.com.au
- Update photos
- Advertise open for inspection times
- Change price / description
- Create brochures
- This is absolutely the cheapest way to list privately on RealEstate.com.au
- Our services are completely commission free – there is nothing to pay upon the sale of your property
What does it cost?
or $99 for 30 days
- List privately on www.RealEstate.com.au and up to 10 other sites with RealPrivate.com.au for just $199 until sold,
- Unlimited changes and updates, load up to 35 photos all at no additional cost,
- No commissions or selling fees when you sell.
or $79 for 30 days
- List privately on www.RealEstate.com.au and up to 10 other sites with RealPrivate.com.au for just $99 until rented,
- Free lease agreements, condition reporting stationary and rental application forms from our partner site – www.rentingout.com.au
- Access to the National Tenancy Database for $25 per report.
Frequently asked questions
Internationally, there are two basic ways a property can be sold, a full service or “traditional” sale with an agent and a commission paid on sale or a “Fisbo” sale – a private sale by the owner which is commission free. FiSBO is an acronym for For (i) Sale By Owner. We have introduced the term to Australia as the private sales methodology in Australia is booming – and we believe it’s a term that will become common in the real estate industry.
Fisbo does not have any sales or support staff. Our listing process is completely online and self explanatory. You can upgrade to RealPrivate.com.au if you require assistance in loading your property on the phone numbers provided on their websites but you can only list with the discounted prices here at FiSBO.com.au.
Most definitely, when you process your order with FiSBO.com.au you’ll be directed to RealPrivate.com.au to set up your property listing – and here you’ll be able to nominate if you’d like it to publish to realestate.com.au as a rental listing or as a property for sale.
The most expensive element to any business is the human cost. By making FiSBO.com.au an entirely “DIY” product without tech support we’ve slashed this expense. As you’ve already listed your property for sale or for lease privately on other Australian websites – most of work to put together your advertisement is done. We’ve passed these savings back to you.
Listing with FiSBO.com.au is easy – simply click on “list now” on this page to start loading your property details. Once you’ve made the payment for your selected package and completed our required listing documents (ownership and identity verification and authorities to market for RealPrivate.com.au) your property will be activated on RealEstate.com.au. You will also be issued with a username and password for the FiSBO listings portal where you can manage your listing online.
Your property will be listed once RealPrivate receives and verifies the following information;
1. Complete property details including Headline, Description, Bedrooms, Bathrooms, Car accommodation and Price – and for rental properties Availability Date,
2. At least one photograph of the property,
3. Payment for your listings,
5. Completed Ownership confirmation including Photographic Identification and a Rates Notice or other proof of ownership or purchase – you can complete this item by logging into your account and clicking on Ownership.
Once all these items are received your listing will be audited and approved by one of our staff. Our commitment to you is that all complete applications to list received by 4pm on a business day and in accordance with 13.3 of our terms and conditions will be assessed and published that same business day. Applications received outside business hours will be processed the following business day. By submitting a request to list your property with RealPrivate, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
What our clients say
I am so grateful for the service that FiSBO provides; listing with both RealPrivate.com.au and FiSBO means great exposure on RealEstate.com.au – and puts the control of the sale process in my hands and saves thousands and thousands of dollars of my own money which can go toward my next property and future security.
Take the process seriously, have a plan, be methodical and read-up on real estate in your area and have a basic understanding of dealing with buyers (all of this information is available to you on the internet for free) and then sell your own home – you know it best.
And sales contracts were easy – you will still have to use a lawyer, and a good one will help you negotiate the little details of the contract.
Put yourself in the position of the buyer and then use FiSBO.com.au – I’m thrilled to have saved the money I did!
P. Crawford – Wiita, Qld